The Top Boots for Electricians Reviewed
If you are an electrician looking for proper working shoes, then the Red Wings boots should be top on your search list. The boots are products of the Red Wing Shoe Company, an American footwear company in Red Wing, Minnesota. This is one of the oldest shoe companies in America, established in 1905.
The company is famous for manufactures of leather boots intended for heavy work. The boots are made with a metatarsal guard and are slip resistant; making them ideal for the work they are designed for. This is where you get the best Red Wing Boots for Electricians.
The reason why most electricians prefer them is that they are electrical hazard-proof. They are light for the services. Electricians are faced with electrical hazards every day. They need protective and comfortable work boots to perform their duties effectively.
The boots have an EH standard rating, meaning they are insulated for ground electricity. They also have steel or safety toe as protection from falling objects.
Best Boots for Electricians
The Iron Ranger is one of the most popular footwear styles in the world. Its name was derived from the miners who worked hard to produce iron core in Minnesota. Iron Range is the name of an area near Lake Superior. This area has been known well for Mesabi Range, actively mined since the 19th century.
The Iron Ranger is made in the USA, handcrafted perfectly for durability. With a great stitch of leather, you are looking at many years of service.
First-time users often seem to find it a bit larger. This should not wear as that is how they are made to provide extra comfort. They have a non-marking, oil resistant sole detailed with the best contrast stitching.
The best features include:
- 100% leather
- With nitrile cork sole for extra strength
- It has natural leather. Scuffs can happen but can be cleaned with ease.
- Steel shank
- Bump toe offers extra space at the front and a leather hill pocket
- Ideal for electrical hazards.
Be sure to check out for care instructions when purchasing the boots. This will give you a clue on how to clean and polish it for a longer life.
- The product is natural leather and its easy for scuffs to happen but they rub out.This can be removed by a soft dry cloth and lightly buffed out the scuffs.
- Fit Recommendation - Many customers size down ½ to 1 full size.
- Features a bump toe for more room up-front. Double layer leather toe cap and leather heel pocket
- Style No. 8111
- Care instructions -Use warm water and a soft bristle brush to remove stuck-on dirt and then use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any remaining excess dirt
The boots have a crepe wedge that gives them a long life. Even though they look tough, they are quite handsome moc-toe boots. It is made to compliment the casual style so that you can wear them with your favorite casual attire.
The thick, treaded outsole makes it one of the most desired boots for heavy work. Besides, the upper is completely waterproof. No matter the task you are working on, you can be sure of unbeatable safety from these products.
When it comes it strength and durability, the Classic Moc is made with Norwegian welt construction to assure you a long life. You may never need another pair for as long as you work in the field.
It is stain and perspiration resistant. This gives you the freedom to work under any environment without worrying on stains that affect most shoes.
Features an overview include:
- Made with 100% leather
- A synthetic sole to provide extra safety
- Measure about 5.5” on the shaft with a heel measuring 1.”
- Traction Tred runner outsole stitched well for all year work
- The insole made from leather – copper rough and tough
If you are buying them for the first time, consider buying a ½ size smaller than your normal size.
- Leather ankle boot featuring lace-up vamp and contrast-stitched moccasin toe
- Most customers buy Red Wing Heritage footwear 1/2 size smaller than their normal size
- 80-inch Chestnut Leather Lace
- Style No. 1907
One of the things that make the Roughneck Lace Up Boots admirable is their style. You can be sure to work around your attire styles while ensuring safety from electrical hazards. It is a sturdy men’s boot with a full grain leather upper. You don’t need anyone to tell you this is a mark of quality.
They are made with gold stitching for a rugged look. Apart from being weld and cement construction insurable, the shoes are made perfect for electricians.
Work shoes are all about comfort and strength. This classic Moc is made with EVA midsole that ensured a more cushioned comfort.
As you work around slippery surfaces, you need good grip and traction. This Red Wing boot has Vibram lug outsole to make sure you get this. You work so much easier when you know you are well covered.
Features that make the boots outstanding include:
- 100% leather
- They are made in the US by the most respected manufacturer
- The sole is synthetic
- Measure about 6” on the shaft and 1.5” on the heel.
- The round toe styling makes it a durable work boot.
- Leather- water, stain and perspiration resistant
- Durable work boot with round toe styling
- Cleaning - Light Cleaning -Use warm water and a soft bristle brush to remove stuck-on dirt. Then use a clean, dry cloth to wipe away any remaining excess dirt,Deep Cleaning - For heavily soiled areas, use a clean cloth or brush to apply Red Wing Shoes Leather Cleaner. Wipe the cleaner away with a damp cloth and allow the leather to dry
- Use Red Wings All Natural Boot Oil, Mink Oil or All Natural Leather Conditionerand you can apply these conditioners with your fingers, soft cloth or sponge
Electrician Boots Buying Guide
If you are going to buy the Red Wings work boots, here are some of the following things to put into consideration:
Durability: Most Red Wing Boots are made with 100% leather that ensures durability. Consider the warranty when purchasing them.
Waterproof: Electricity and water are two things you wouldn’t want to meet. For this reason, make sure the shoes are made with waterproof features. Luckily, all the products reviewed above are like so.
Insulation: Electricians walk on risky grounds all the time. If you don’t get well-insulated boots, then you are asking for trouble. Insulation material provides extra safety.
Safety: Many people argue that Red Wing boots for electricians should not have steel. But there are always falling objects you may come in contact with. In addition to safety toes, electrical hazard protection, and puncture resistant, steel makes it more secure.
Comfort & Fit: You may have to buy Red Wings boots larger than your normal size. Even so, check the insole material for comfort.
There is no doubt that electrician needs protection while on the job. The dangers they face cannot be overlooked considering the threat of electricity poses. Now that you are on the know about the top Boots for Electricians, this should no longer be a big issue.
Once you have the right boots, you should make sure to have the rest of the proper apparel for electrical work. This video explains what kind of clothing electrical workers should wear:
Last Updated on