The Top 7 Shoes for Fallen Arches Reviewed
If you’ve got fallen arches, you know how bad it can be walking in the wrong shoes.
Simply put, a bad pair of shoes can aggravate your feet and intensify foot pain. For this reason, it’s important that you know what to look for when buying your next pair of shoes. In general, you want to buy options that provide quality arch support and provide quality shock absorption for your feet.
In this guide, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about arch support shoes so that you can make the smartest decision come buying time. With the information and shoes listed here, you’ll have no problem finding that perfect pair of shoes for your fallen arches!
Best Shoes for Fallen Arches
These quality men’s shoes from Brooks are an Amazon’s Choice selection for a reason. Simply put, they come with extra support for your lower arches, making walking and standing bearable again. What’s more, with a synthetic sole, these shoes provide wearers with maximum comfort and stability.
How exactly do these shoes help you? Specifically, they are engineered with innovative HydroFlow technology that provides superior cushioning for your midsoles. This reduce shock absorption and offers wearers a more comfortable experience every time.
Additionally, the shoes come with Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar and Engineered MC Pod Configuration to provide extra support for your overpronation and offer better balance for your feet. In other words, these shoes go the extra mile to help you get over the pain of your fallen arches.
You’ll also find that these shoes offer superior traction. This helps you maintain the perfect balance, no matter where you choose to walk. If you’re looking for a top-end orthotic that can reduce your foot pain and make it possible to walk across a variety of terrains, this superior option from Brooks should be near the top of your list.
For best results, make sure that you order at least one size above your normal size so that you can have wiggle room in the toe box. This will provide you with maximum comfort—and for a shoe that already gives it all with extra cushioning and padding, that’s saying a lot.
In short, customers dealing with aggressive foot pain from fallen arches should consider this quality orthotic for superior arch support!
- SHOE SIZE: "D" = Medium width, "EE" = Wide width, "B" = Narrow width, "EEEE" = Extra wide width
- MAXIMUM SUPPORT: Our Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar strategically supports your arch to guide and keep your body in its natural path of motion.
- SLIP-RESISTANT, SECURE FIT: The forefoot MC Pod construction and an innovative outsole sets your foot in an efficient, balanced, and stable position.
- SOFT CUSHIONING: BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight and speed, to make every step comfortable.
- LONG-LASTING: Both comfortable and durable, this shoe with a full-grain leather upper will be a staple to your wardrobe.
Men, are you looking for a high-end orthotic that will help ease your foot pain and make you look better while doing it? If so, it’s time to check out this quality option from New Balance.
Designed with breathable mesh and extra padding, this shoe is meant to keep your fallen arch foot pain in check. Simply put, while this shoe may look like a stylish option from New Balance on the outside, it actually works to keep your feet painless and healthy.
For men with wide feet, this New Balance option proves one of the most effective at eliminating foot pain from fallen options. This is achieved through the shoe’s wide toe box that keeps your toes from sticking together and aggravating your foot. This makes the shoe the option of choice for those suffering from conditions such as plantar fasciitis.
In addition, these M1540V2 running shoes from New Balance make use of rolling bar technology that enables you superior movement and comfort in the heels. If you’ve been having trouble finding the right orthotic for you, it may be time to consider this high-end New Balance option.
Available in black, this shoe is perfect for running or any other physical activity. With strong arch support and shock-absorption technology, this is one option that will keep you comfortable no matter your level of exercise. For this reason, you should consider the M1540V2 shoes today to solve your fallen arch pain problems!
- Running shoe with breathable mesh upper featuring synthetic overlays and dual-density foam collar
- ROLLBAR technology for improved lateral and medial rearfoot stability
The Provision is the latest and greatest of Altra’s arch support shoes. Combining style, comfort, and support all into one quality product, these shoes offer wearers the ultimate freedom from their fallen arch pain.
What makes these shoes so special? Simply put, they are designed with a breathable mesh that will give your feet proper ventilation. What’s more, they make use of the brand’s unique orthotic features that take them to the next level.
Specifically, the shoes come with GuideRail technology, which offers wearers superior support and control over their movements. What’s more, the Provision is engineered with StabiliPod technology that helps with shock absorption and keeping you upright and balanced at all times. This means that you never have to worry about your comfort when you put on a pair of Provision shoes.
What’s more, these shoes are designed with the brand’s FootShape toe box, making them a perfect fit every time. This toe box is designed to give your toes the wiggle room necessary to stay comfortable and ventilated. This takes pressure off your foot and adds to your overall experience. Additionally, the toe box helps keep your big toe in a constant straight position, giving your foot extra stability and decreasing your foot pain.
To make this shoe even better, it’s designed with Footpod technology that keeps maps the natural patterns of your bones and tendons in the outsole and insole of your shoe to give you the most comfortable fit and the greatest support. This makes the Provision one of the most reliable orthotics around.
Men looking for a quality, stylish orthotic that won’t break the bank should turn to Provision for best results!
- More durable mesh
- Increased visibility on GuideRail
- Built-in heel varusing
- Stack Height: 25mm
- Cushioning: Moderate
If you’re looking for a fashionable men’s orthotic from one of the best names in the business, it’s time to check out the LunarGlide from Nike. This comfortable orthotic is one of the best running shoes for individuals suffering from fallen arches. With a sleek design that comes in sixteen different color options, the LunarGlide is one of the most versatile orthotics on the market.
But what is it about the LunarGlide that make them stand out from the pack? Simply put, they are engineered from fly-knit material and flywire cables that provide for superior ventilation and arch support. This makes these shoes the perfect option for those with flatter feet who are in need of a durable, long-range option.
LunarGlide are constructed from a combination of synthetic and mesh material. This provides your feet with maximum comfort and breathability, even on those tough runs. What’s more, these shoes are engineered with the brand’s famous LunarGlide Lunarlon foam technology. This keeps your feet padded and comfortable the whole day through.
If you’re looking to cut down on your arch support pain and turn to an orthotic that’s designed to make you look and feel good, it’s hard to recommend a shoe better than the LunarGlide. When it comes to style and comfort, the LunarGlide is one men’s orthotic you’ll want to check out for yourself. Cut down on your fallen arch pain with one of the best shoes from the most trusted name in footwear.
- 100% Authentic
- Brand New
- For Men's
For superior orthotic support all around, it doesn’t get much better than the GT-2000 from ASICS. This quality shoe for fallen arches offers some of the most comprehensive support for individuals with flat feet. What’s more, it comes with an attractive design that will have you never wanting to take them off.
Let’s take a detailed look at what makes this shoe so special. For starters, it’s designed with heel clutching system technology that provides wearers with greater heel support and overall more stability. This makes it easier than ever to walk or stand—no matter the extent of your fallen arches.
In addition to this, the GT-2000 is constructed with discrete eyelets that help balance the top of your orthotic for greater fit and comfort at the top of your shoe. This distances the GT-2000 from its competitors by focusing not just on outsole and midsole stability and support but on overall shoe comfort.
This makes the GT-2000 one of the best men’s tennis shoes for fallen arches. Simply put, the shoe is a jewel of a find for those with overpronation who are looking to stay active. With this brand, you’ll never have to worry about arch pain. Instead, you can excel at your daily activities and look good doing it in one of the shoe’s twelve different colors.
Need another reason to check out these superior shoes? Engineered with DUOMAX technology, the GT-2000 can absorb any shock that’s thrown its way. This makes them a superior option for anyone looking for enhanced arch support!
- FlyteFoam Lyte Technology - ASICS lightest weight midsole formulation that provides continuous cushion thanks to organic nano fibers.
- SpevaFoam 45 Lasting - Employs 45 degree full length SpevaFoam 45 lasting material for a soft platform feel and improved comfort.
- Ortholite Sockliner - Moisture management (Ortholite is a registered trademark of ATP Manufacturing LLC).
- SpevaFoam Midsole Material - Improves bounce back characteristics and decreases midsole breakdown.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology Cushioning System - Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
When it comes to a quality orthotic that provides you with the most support for your fallen arches, this incredible option from Orthofeet ranks near the top of any list. Designed as a do-it-all orthotic, these shoes boast an easy-gait ortho-cushion system that provides extra padding to the sole and reduces stress on your arches, joints, and feet.
What’s more, these shoes come with premium orthotic insoles that provide superior arch support for flat feet. With a heel pad that cushions your feet and reduces stress, these orthotics will have you feeling more freedom than ever before.
Specifically, these shoes are designed for individuals suffering from fallen arches, plantar fasciitis, and diabetes. As such, they excel at combatting a variety of arch support issues that can have you feeling pain.
In short, this superior option from Orthofeet is biomechanically engineered to give your feet the maximum support. With an attractive brown design, the shoe comes in a wide array of sizes for both men and women. As a unisex shoe, it is the perfect option for anyone suffering from fallen arches.
With a wide toe box that won’t ever have your toes feeing cramped or uncomfortable, this shoe provides the ultimate in ventilation. This is just another way that this design protects your from any discomfort for pain in your feet. With superior technological engineering, this popular option will have you feeling less pain in your feet, joint, knees, and hips.
How’s that for a quality orthotic?
- GUARANTEED COMFORT! Test our shoes for up to 60 DAYS and see for yourself why Orthofeet is regarded by millions as the WORLD'S MOST COMFORTABLE and stylish orthopedic shoes. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLE and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK! 60-day wear test! FREE shipping and returns.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN? NEUROPATHY? Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the BEST ORTHOPEDIC SHOE solution. Lightweight SOLE with ERGONOMIC design and SUPERIOR CUSHIONING along with premium ORTHOTIC INSOLES that feature ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT and multiple CUSHIONING layers provide soft, PILLOW-LIKE SUPPORT that works wonders to enhance COMFORT and EASE PAIN on the FOOT and HEEL, all the way up your KNEES, HIPS and LOWER BACK caused by flat feet, overpronation and arthritis.
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE women’s casual shoes with soft, non-binding uppers are available in Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths, offering a PERFECT FIT. The UNIQUE THERAPEUTIC DESIGN helps alleviate stress on the joints, enhances stability and substantially improves the ease of walking.
- SENSITIVE FEET? DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? NEUROPATHY? Soft uppers with smooth interior lining and extra foam padding provide SUPERIOR COMFORT and protection for sensitive feet and an ideal footwear solution as women’s diabetic shoes, women’s arthritis shoes and women’s shoes for neuropathy.
- BUNIONS? HAMMERTOES? A wide & roomy TOE BOX offers a comfortable, non-binding fit for the front part of the foot and toes, and eases pressure on bunions, hammertoes Morton’s Neuroma & swollen feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Extra depth design with removable insoles (¼” thick in the forefoot area) provides ample space for custom made orthotics.
Looking for the best orthotic sandal for the summer months? This superior option from Vionic may be just what you need. Crafted with a cushioned leather insole and a strong rubber outsole, this sandal minimizes your arch pain and makes it easier than ever to do any summer activity.
Why should you make this your sandal of choice? Simply put, Vionic is one of the most trusted names in all of orthotics, meaning you can be sure that this shoe will more than deliver on your investment. This can be seen in this sandal’s cushioned EVA footbed, which was designed by a podiatrist to provide those with fallen arches the greatest support when walking.
The Ludlow Charlie Slides come with double buckle straps on top for adjustable wear. What’s more, they are crafted with durable outsoles that provide wearers with maximum support as they walk. This means that you can enjoy a comfortable experience no matter where you go.
What’s more, with their sleek design, you’ll never have to worry about standing out in the crowd. Unlike some other options, this great orthotic is designed with both your comfort and your fashion in mind. This makes it a superior option for men who want to ease into orthotics without sacrificing style.
Perfect for the warmer months, the Ludlow Charlie slides are the best gift you can give yourself this season. Investing in a pair can help you take advantage of all summer has to offer. For this reason, make sure to look into this quality orthotic to deal with your fallen arch pain in style!
- Leather Upper. Leather Covered EVA Footbed. Durable Rubber Outsole. Adjustable buckle straps for a perfect fit.
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE SANDALS: This double-buckle slide suits almost all of his summer needs. A low-profile silhouette, leather upper and leather footbed, plus a strong rubber outsole make this versatile sandal an instant staple.
- EVERYDAY SUPPORT: A podiatrist-designed footbed built into every pair of Vionic sandals, slippers, active shoes and flats promotes stability from the ground up.
- VIONIC SHOES: Vionic brings together style and science, combining innovative biomechanics with the most coveted trends.
Shoes for Fallen Arches – Buying Guide
Before we get into our top seven shoes for fallen arches, let’s first discuss what you should look for in a good pair of arch support shoes. In general, there are some standard guidelines you should follow when making your decision.
As a rule, shoes for fallen arches are designed to aid those suffering from Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD). This condition reduces stability and balance by altering the natural arches of the feet. In essence, those suffering from PTTD have flatter feet.
This means that you should focus your search on shoes that are designed to give artificial support to these “fallen” arches. In general, the best shoes for fallen arches check the following boxes:
Firm soles help you main balance and stability as you walk. This stability reduces the amount of pain in your arches and can even limit the pain you feel in your knees, thighs, and lower back. In essence, this makes it easier for you to walk and stand, particularly for long distances and durations.
Great shoes for fallen arches may also include plastic or steel shanks in the insole to provide you with greater durability. This means that you should search for a quality orthotic that offers extra stability and support as you walk or stand. These shanks not only help you to walk or stand comfortably but also aid in reducing joint and other residual pain that may be emanating from your fallen arches.
For the best experience, you want to purchase shoes with orthotic insoles that can cushion your foot and give you the best support. These insoles are designed to maximize shock absorption, decreasing foot pain and allowing you to walk for longer. When it comes to buying your next pair of shoes for fallen arches, it’s crucial that you find one with superior orthotic support.
Frequently Asked Question About Shoes for Fallen Arches
Now that you know some of the top orthotic brands, let’s take a look at a couple of the most commonly asked questions regarding shoes for fallen arches.
Can Orthotic Shoes Correct Flat Feet?
Unfortunately, while orthotic shoes can help ease foot pain and make walking with flat feet easier, they are not considered a cure for the condition. Still, with many great orthotic shoes available, there’s no longer any need to stress over flat feet or fallen arches!
Do I Need a Prescription to Get Orthotic Shoes?
No, you do not need a prescription. Orthotic shoes are available online and at major retailers across the nation.
Finding the right orthotic shoes for your fallen arches doesn’t have to be hard.
With the information in this guide, it’s never been easier for you to find the right pair of shoes. In this post, we detailed some of the considerations you should make when buying orthotic shoes and also presented seven of the best shoes for individuals with fallen arches.
By keeping the information listed here in mind, you’ll be able to find a quality pair of orthotics that’s right for you. For this reason, use this guide as your ultimate resource next time you buy a pair of shoes for fallen arches!
Once you have the right shoes, you will want to strengthen your fallen arches. This video will help you wil that:
Last Updated on