The Top 10 Walking Shoes for Men Reviewed
The goal: walking. Equipment: walking shoes where form meets function. Good news, we found the equipment now you just need to reach for your goal. All the best walking shoes are right here, waiting for you to pick the best version of a walking shoe for your body.
Not everyone likes to run, nor can everyone run, but those who don’t jog may be able to walk. Great news, walking is good for you! It can help you to lose weight, prevent disease, and relieve stress. Whether you are walking for health, a job, or to keep up with kids or pets, the right shoe for you is on this list.
No two feet are the same, which is why we ten different options to help everyone find what they need from their footwear. We found the most durable, supportive shoes to help you spend hours on your feet with ease. Don’t worry, we found a set of price ranges to meet every budget too, and get you walking without your wallet crying. Start shopping!
Best Walking Shoes for Men
These are our top picks for Men’s walking shoes:
If you are walking as a part of life but not necessarily your sport, you might need some sneaker-like shoes without the laces for an easier life. The Skechers Men’s Go Walk Evolution Ultra-Impeccable Sneakers give you easy walking weather taking the dog by the leash or chasing your kids around the park. Life with walking doesn’t need to be difficult, just slip on your shoes and go.
Skechers is known for comfort and function and none more so than these walking shoes with thick treads and easy slip-on style with extra cushion around the heel. Pick your favorite color from several neutral shades. Then pick your size from 7 to 16, but that’s not all, they also come in half-sizes and in extra wide to fit more feet. This brand means business when it comes to help your foot enjoy life.
The mesh uppers provide breathability with durable twin gore panels for a better fit. Inside, the shoes use an air-cooled Goga Mat insole for superior comfort. This allows for moisture-wicking, lightweight, and breathable shoes ready to go almost anywhere. The sneakers also come with high-rebound for extreme shock absorption to energize your walk.
Finally, the shoes can go in the washing machine if you get them dirty but do not put them in the dryer as all shoes with rubber should air dry. Chunky tread on the bottom of the shoe keeps your feet firmly planted on the grown for the most safety. Now you can walk for hours without stressing out your feet.
- Lightweight, responsive Ultra Go cushioning technology
- Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat insole
- High-rebound Ultra Pillars energize every step
- Durable mesh upper with twin gore panels for secure fit
While you may not recognize the brand, once you try on these shoes, you will recognize the extreme comfort from the Yerwslon Men’s Energy Rebound Running and Walking Sneakers ready to handle any sport. The design is simple with a layered outsole for shock absorption, cushion, and traction, which is why this shoe ranks so high.
One of the reasons customers love this shoe is the many color options from bold to basic colors ready to work with any gym shorts you toss on. These sneakers would be at the top of the list except they only come in sizes 6.5 to 12.5, and not every size has a half size. Men’s feet often run large, and these don’t cover the larger sizes.
However, the shoes do come with leather and a water-repellent upper with breathable mesh. They were designed for flexibility, rebound, and cushion so you can live life without discomfort. Next, the soft shoes are lightweight with custom technology comfort.
They look like expensive name brand shoes and come with a mid-range price with a lot in return. Lace them up and let the traction rubbered bottoms take you from the road to the track and then to the trail. Lastly, foam insoles help you to go the extra mile.
- ✅LIGHTWEIGHT RUNNING SHOES:Breathable Lightweight Flexible Breathable Outsole Sneaker Fitness Running Shoes
- ✅HEALTHY TRAINERS:Adopted Ortholite Insole to Effectively Solve the Problem of Foot Odor.Good Breathability and Deodorization,Safe Environmental Protection Material
- ✅SOFT COMFORTABLE SOLE:Anti-skid Rubber Soles are Extremely Soft and Flexible,Provides Superior,Long Lasting Comfort Support.The Joggers Can be Free to Bend,You will not Feel any Burden After Long Time Walking on Road
- ✅APPLICATIONS:Comfort for Hiking,Running,Gym,Training,Tennis,Jogging,Casual,Walking,Sports,Exercise,Travel Outdoor Athletic Fashion Shoes
- ✅FULL-FEATURED:Perfect Accord with Human Body Engineering,Green,Healthy Concept Design,Selection of Good Material,Max Breathable,Lightweight,Comfortable Shoes
If you have never heard of Merrell Shoes, you are in for a treat. Slide into comfort with the Merrell Men’s Jungle Moc Slip-On Shoes and head out onto the hills. The shoes are special because of 100% suede leather uppers and higher rubber guards on the sides and toe for extra water and safety protections.
The Mocs take low-maintenance to a new level thanks to the top quality material and air cushion underfoot for additional support. Merrell even took the time to create a contoured footbed with organic odor control with a molded nylon arch shank. The sheer amount of cushion will surprise you as you realize you’ve walked for miles and barely noticed.
We only have one mild issue with these amazing shoes; they weigh 1 lb 9 ounces, which will add weight but also lots of support. Otherwise, they are near perfect with a rugged style and design and special slip-resistant stability treads for traction. You even get targeted heel cushions for impact and shock absorption to reduce stress on your feet.
Environmentally-conscious men will love how the company is committed to using recycled materials, using water responsibly, creating durable footwear, and reducing landfill waste. They not only want to improve your walking experience but also improve the planet. Wear them anywhere you walk from the woods to the lake to the road and enjoy walking again for longer than other shoes. Also, they come in a wide range of neutral colors and sizes to work for almost any foot.
- Comfort features like pigskin lining and an Ortholite footbed make this slip-on the perfect everyday companion
- Breathable mesh lining
- Compression molded EVA footframe provides cushioning
- Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
Remember Asics for their wide assortment of running shoes? Well, they make highly-rated walking shoes too for those who can’t or won’t run. Don’t worry, we are with you; running is too much work on the joints, and walking is better, which is why we found you the ASICS Gel-Contend 5 SL Men’s Walking Shoes.
While the sneakers don’t have a lot of color options, they do come in a lot of sizes 6 up to 15, including half-sized and wide! The shoes come with a highly detailed upper and thick rubber soles that reach around to the side for extra protection. They also include the Asics patented Gel-Contend to help daily walkers walk longer and farther without discomfort.
If you work at a hospital, these are the shoes for you as they will help you walk all over to patients’ rooms up and down elevators or stairs and everywhere in between with ease and without wearing or stressing your feet out. From extra energizing cushion and stability, you get a supportive shoe with an internal he’ll counter and special rear foot technology for even more support. Tissues also come with special phone midsoles for even more distance in your day.
Finally, the best part of the shoes if they come with a special sock liner to help keep your feet fresh. When it gets dirty, just take it out and give it a wash. This contemporary design shoe is ready to live life with you and help you walk great distances with durability, flexibility, and a slightly spongy feel for men on their feet all day long, including arch support.
- Surface: Road. Differential: N/A. Heel/Toe: N/A. Breathable mesh and synthetic upper materials. Laminate mid-foot cage provides structural support. Lace-up closure. Padded tongue and collar. Breathable fabric lining offers a great in-shoe feel. Ortholite® sockliner provides excellent underfoot support, comfort, and moisture management. AmpliFoam™ midsole is engineered to maintain durability at softer densities, providing better flexibility, comfort, and platform adaptability i
- The ASICS® GEL-Contend® 5 Walker is built for the daily walker looking for a walking shoe with versatile style and long-lasting stability.
- Predecessor: GEL-Contend 5.
- Support Type: Neutral to underpronation.
- Cushioning: Lightweight, flexible response.
Under Armour makes a shoe for just about anything, and the Men’s Kilchis Sneakers are made for walking. This set is ready to go on trails, fishing, boating, walking the dog, chasing toddlers at the playground, or shooting hoops at the gym. The low profile shoe gives you a full range of motion with a stunning style ready to engage with your activities.
You have several neutral color options available, and a little more range with shoe size as these go from an 8 to 14 with half-sizes available. Sadly, these don’t come in wides, which is why they rank lower, but men with narrow feet will find endless possibilities within these rubber soles. Start with the unique bungee cord shoelaces for a better grip, meaning you won’t have to retie your shoes as often.
Breathable mesh on top keeps the sneakers cool for all-day wear while extra toe protection lets you enjoy less stress worrying about stubbed toes on the go. Air pockets in the outers help to disperse shock for better absorption, which is just another way these are great for water-related expeditions, and they dry quickly too.
The shoes offer a contoured midsole and footbed to help drain shoes too and also to help cradle your foot. From quality traction to a lightweight, the sneakers will function well to help you walk faster and longer without discomfort. Last of all, the only real issue with these is the low amount of arch support for those with pronation issues or who just want a little extra anti-fatigue effect.
- Highly breathable, quick dry textile upper
- Welded synthetic overlays for abrasion protection
- Fixed bungee lacing system for easy on/off
- Contoured midsole & footbed designed for rapid drainage
- J Step non marking rubber outsole for best in class grip on smooth wet surfaces
The Rockport Men’s Rock Cove Fashion Sneaker not only comes with a rough and husky shoe perfect for transporting men by foot anywhere they want to walk. It can hit the trails, forest, streets, and anywhere in between. Pick from several neutral shades, including warm tones, although we like the aesthetic of the black best. It’s the sizes though that will make you happy as the shoes go from men’s 7 up to 14 with half-sizes and wides as well.
As with the vast majority of shoes, these come with rubber soles but not all come with leather uppers like the Rock Cove’s and trust us, although the shoes say fashion, they function like a Ford truck with a full bed and a V8 engine. They can propel your feet into better walking for longer distances.
If you haven’t looked at the shoes yet, give them a quick glance and notice the mesh lining for enhanced breathability and drying, extremely durable lace-up front and protective toe cap, and thick ergonomic rubber outsole with thick grippers and lightweight shock absorption. What you can’t see is the latex footbed with enough cushion for man-sized feet, which is good because that’s what you’ve got!
No more foot fatigue, no more stress on your ankle, just a comfortable shoe built to last and help you live and walk easier. The shoe bed is removable in case you want to put in insoles with arch support as these shoes do not have support for pronation issues. Otherwise, these shoes will get the job done with finesse.
- Leather uppers
- Mesh lining provides enhanced breathability and drying
- Lace-up front with Durable protective toe cap
- Latex footbed cushions the foot to help reduce foot fatigue
- Rubber outsole provides a durable grip on a variety of surfaces and EVA provides lightweight shock absorption to help reduce foot fatigue
For special foot problems, you may need the Orthofeet Proven Foot and Heel Pain Relief Walking Shoes because they were made with special issues in mind. A unique feature about the issues is that they come with a two month Wareham test. If you don’t like them, you can return them for free and get your money back. Trust us though, you’re not gonna be returning these because they are going to help you walk more comfortably and without pain.
If you suffer from plantar fasciitis, heel pain, or foot pain, then the ortho feet orthotic shoes were made with you in mind. They offer a lightweight ergonomic heel with extra air conditioning and anatomical arch support for a shoe to help people with foot problems. The pillow-like support will also help to ease knee and back pain and even help with lower hips.
Choose these if you suffer from over-pronation, arthritis, neuropathy, or diabetes. What’s also great about these walking sneakers besides the clean, modern design is the extended widths. They come in sizes 7 up to 14 with half-sizes, wide, and extra-wide to fit practically any foot. Knit fabric makes these extremely flexible, pliable, and breathable.
The company thought of everything as the shoes are seam-free on the lining with extra foam padding and perfect for sensitive feet. They are certified by Medicare and are qualified therapeutic shoes (under codes A5500 of the Diabetic Shoe Bill). If you have bunions or hammertoes, the extra-wide toe box will give you an even more comfortable and non-binding fit to get rid of pressure.
However, they are a little lower on the list because they cost a significant amount of money and don’t come with memory foam, which would definitely be useful for feet problems. Some people still experienced pain with these, so check with your doctor before purchasing. For the vast majority, these shoes will definitely improve your walking.
- 60-DAY WEAR TEST! Test our shoes for up to 60 days, and if you are not completely satisfied return them for a full refund. FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS. See for yourself why Orthofeet is regarded by millions as the World's Most Comfortable and stylish ORTHOPEDIC SHOES. Try RISK FREE: Walk COMFORTABLE and PAIN FREE or Your MONEY BACK!
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS? HEEL PAIN? FOOT PAIN? Orthofeet orthotic shoes offer the BEST ORTHOPEDIC FOOTWEAR solution. Lightweight ERGONOMIC SOLE with AIR CUSHIONING along with premium ORTHOTIC INSOLES that feature ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT and multiple CUSHIONING layers provide soft, PILLOW-LIKE SUPPORT that works wonders to improve COMFORT and EASE PAIN on the FOOT and HEEL, all the way up your KNEES, HIPS and LOWER BACK caused by flat feet, overpronation, arthritis, neuropathy and diabetes.
- EXTENDED WIDTHS - These SUPER COMFORTABLE sneakers are available in Medium, Wide and Extra Wide widths, offering a PERFECT, CUSTOMIZED FIT. Fits the following footwear categories: Men’s Stretchable Shoes, Men’s Shoes with Knitted fabric, Men’s Walking shoes and Men’s Athletic shoes with extended widths.
- DIABETES? ARTHRITIS? NEUROPATHY? Soft, pliable uppers with SEAM-FREE FABRIC LINING and extra foam padding, provide SUPERIOR COMFORT and protection for SENSITIVE FEET, offering the best solution for men’s diabetic shoes, men’s arthritis shoes and men’s shoes for neuropathy. Certified by Medicare and qualified therapeutic shoes under code A5500 of the Diabetic Shoe Bill.
- Excellent solution for BUNIONS and HAMMER TOES: A wide TOE BOX offers a comfortable, non-binding fit, and eases pressure on bunions, hammer toes and sensitive feet. ORTHOTIC FRIENDLY: Extra depth design with removable insoles (¼” thick in the forefoot area) provides ample space for custom made orthotics. The UNIQUE COMFORT FEATURES help alleviate stress on the joints, enhance stability and add spring to your step to improve mobility.
City dwellers and men who need to walk into a meeting straight from the street will fall in love with the LAOKS Men’s Mesh Walking Shoes. The shoes look like a dress shoe, and a sneaker had a baby, and the result it is a handsome, functional sneaker ready to help you walk even in slacks. First, pick from four different colors, including black, gray, blue, and white. Second, they come in sizes 8.5 to 12, which is rather limited.
Not only are the shoes stylish and modern with tons of thoughtful detail with mesh breathable uppers, and still, they function like sneakers. The casual sneakers also include a cushioned footbed for energized walking and all-day-long comfort. Small bumps on the sole were even added in to serve as a mini-massage for tired feet.
Finally, durable sneakers ready to coordinate with khakis for those who walk long distances to work who don’t want traditional sneakers bungling up their style. The shoes even come with sneaker bottoms with traction and texture to make walking on city streets easier. However, the shoes run narrow and do not offer arch support.
- KINDLY REMIND: These stretch mesh shoes runs a little large than regular size, please kindly choose half to full size down than you usual size
- STYLISH & MODERN DESIGN: Soft knit mesh upper with leather hits on heel and tongue, add a little modern appeal to your athletic look
- TAKE A CUSHIONED RIDE: This casual sneaker built of soft mesh fabric, cushioned footbed energize every step and delivers daylong comfort. Small bumps on the soles for a nice massage when you walk
- QUALITY WITH EVERY STEP: Durable outsole and cushioned insole lends to long-lasting wear
- MEET YOUR WARDROBE VIP: Sleek and simple, this casual sneakers offer performance with everyday style that can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. It is a great addition to any outfit.
Yes! We have, in fact, added another pair of Skechers to the list because the Men’s Go Walk Evolution Ultra-Enhance Sneaker are as amazing as their brothers above, but these ones lace up like a good little sneaker. Don’t worry about walking, about not having the right walking shoes, which is an easy fix with Skechers.
The shoes come in grays, blacks, whites, and even a navy blue to blend in with your clothing. Thick rubber bottoms hold up the mesh and textile uppers with extra cushioning and sturdy lacers. The extra cushion around the heel keeps you comfortable longer. Also, extreme traction on the bottom lets you walk unhindered by your chosen walking location.
Furthermore, the magic is in the Goga mat insoles, which offers exceptional cushioning with high rebound, while wicking away moisture and still keeping the shoe lightweight and breathable. The only reason these magnificent shoes are at the bottom of the list is because of limited arch support, which is so necessary for many walkers with either no arch or very high arches.
- Lightweight, responsive Ultra Go cushioning
- High-rebound Ultra Pillars energize every step
- Skechers Air Cooled Goga Mat insole
- Quarter overlays for support and durability
The New Balance Men’s Suede 928v3 offers rugged outdoor shoes for extreme walking. Take these bad boys out anywhere with synthetic and mesh material, including thick rubber soles. They offer excellent durability and flexibility with a low top for added movement and range. However, its the unique Rollbar stability technology and the Abzorb cushioning that makes this shoe comfortable to walk in all day long.
First, though, the shoes come in six neutral colors to blend in with any outfit. If you bet the brown pair, you can wear these in slacks too although, the New Balance “N” symbol is still rather noticeable. The shoes also come in a wide range, including 7 to 16, with half-sizes up to size 12.5. But the best part is the shoes come in several shades of wideness so even the huskiest foot can find a comfortable place to walk.
Get all-day comfort, motion control, and a dedicated walking strike path. You also get a seamless liner for extra comfort that is odor-resistant. These shoes are lower on the list because they lack arch support and require an insert for those with high or low arches. If you have extremely wide feet, this shoe offers more options, so an insert may not be a big deal for you.
Buying Guide for Men’s Walking Shoes
Find the right walking shoes for your taste and function. By now you have probably figured out what pair you want but make sure to know what factors go into purchasing a set of walking shoes before making your final selection. If you still can’t decide, we helped you out below.
Style & Comfort
Style definitely plays a factor in which shoes you choose. Some men want a hiking boot appearance; others prefer a traditional sneaker, while others want a slip-on or even a walking shoe that looks like a dress shoe. No style is wrong, but each style offers a different aesthetic. Thanks to newer technologies, any style can offer the same advantages is comfort and function.
Comfort might just be the most important aspect in a shoe because if it’s not comfortable, are you even going to wear them? Several factors play a part in comfort, including seams, flexible uppers, and the inner liners. Foam and latex help provide both padding and cushion to keep your feet off of hard surfaces.
The only way to know if a shoe is comfortable for your unique foot, though, is to try it on and walk around in the shoes for a while. Check how they bend, if they move with your foot, and if they let you feel like you are walking on a cloud. Return uncomfortable shoes and find a different pair, so you get the most value for your money and the best chances of enjoying walking.
Support & Durability
Walking is hard-work for feet, and the right shoe can make the job easier. Unsupportive shoes won’t make the job easier, and non-durable shoes won’t last long enough to be supportive. Find shoes that make you feel like you aren’t wearing shoes, then you know you have the most supportive shoe. Lastly, make sure if you have high or low arches to look for arch support instead of flatliners, as you will need support to walk longer distances without pain.
As for durability, look for quality material and check the shoes to make sure they do not have any issues before keeping them. If the shoes start to show excessive wear in the first three months or rips or other issues, then call the manufacturer and see if they have any options to help. Do not keep shoes that look overly cheap or of poor quality when they arrive.
Also, the bottoms need to offer support too with thick rubber and extra cushioning. Some shoes offer thin soles, and this may make them lightweight, but they won’t be the best option for walking as they will only offer support for shorter distances. Look for lots of traction too for anti-slipping and to protect your feet from harmful or painful surfaces.
Shoes should move with your foot and not the other way around. You should not feel like you are lifting weights with your foot because it won’t make your feet stronger; it will make them tire out faster. You also want lightweight shoes for the same reason. When you get in a new pair of shoes, make sure they move comfortably before putting them on your feet. Stiff shoes will not increase your walking gait.
For more information on how to choose the proper walking shoes, watch this video:
Questions About Men’s Walking Shoes
Can I use running shoes as walking shoes?
Yes, you can, but only if you plan on walking longer distances such as several miles a day as running shoes by nature offer more support. Walking shoes are made for walking through and are designed to handle the foot impacts of walking, not running and vise versa. Also, most walking shoes offer more arch support, so if you have a pronation problem or foot problem, you may do better with a walking shoe for the shock absorption to prevent arch pain.
How often do I need to replace walking shoes?
The good news is walking shoes last longer than running shoes because you don’t go as fast or as far. Even if you do go as far as a runner your speed is lower which reduces impact on the shoes and increases their lifespan. Make sure you replace your walking shoe when the outsole is worn down, or the tread is compromised. This usually happens around 300 to 400 miles. Even if the shoe looks good at this point, it won’t provide the necessary support.
Should I get water-proof walking shoes?
Whether you need water-proof or water-resistant shoes depends on your purpose for the shoes. Although water-resistant is always a good idea as it can help if you come across puddles or rain. You may want to consider shoes that are easy to wash or that dry quickly if you tend to get in messing walking situations. Those who hike or walk-in beach or lake settings should consider getting water-proof shoes.
Final Thoughts About Men’s Walking Shoes
If you still can’t decide which walking shoes to get we recommend getting our top choice, the Skechers Men’s Go Walk Evolution Ultra-Impeccable Sneaker. Not only do these shoes make walking easier but they can handle weather as they dry quickly with mesh uppers. They slip-on too, so you don’t need to worry about tying laces multiple times while walking. The Oxford style also gives them a slightly dressier look than traditional sneakers. Finally, the shoes go all the way up to size 16 to fit almost anyone so you can walk longer faster.